We visited Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte for the first time 5 days ago. We took the Florida Bus from Sampaloc, Manila at exactly 9:30 pm and we got there around 8 or 9 in the morning (we weren't able to look at my watch). From the town proper, a tricycle driver (Ferdinand) came to us and offered to help us look for affordable and nice resorts. For only P50, we were able to look and inquire at 4 or 5 different beach resorts. He strongly recommended Jun and Carol Beach Resort because of their affordability (for only P1,250 a night!) and it is the only resort within the vicinity that has a generator. Since the whole Pagudpud was experiencing a short power interruption at the time, we chose to stay there. It is a nice place, has simple and comfortable rooms, and has accommodating staff. The only thing I didn't like much is that the meals are a little expensive (but they have the most affordable meals on the menu when compared to other resorts). Since the town proper is a little far from the resorts, we didn't have much choice. And another thing, you still have to walk up to 25 meters to enjoy the beach.
On our first day, we just enjoyed the white sands and blue water of Saud Beach. On our second day, we called Kuya Ferdinand and availed his whole-day tour package. We started at 8am. It was so fun! We visited all the breath-taking tourist spots in Pagudpud and its neighboring towns, Bangui and Burgos. We had just skipped the Kaibigan Waterfalls (also known as the hidden falls) because we were too lazy to walk for 30 minutes. Oh well, all the places were magnificent. This was the time when I realized that Philippines is truly beautiful!
These are my top favorite places on our one-day tour.The pics were taken by my camera (except for the Blue Lagoon - that was our last stop. We were hypnotized by the very fine and white sand and the blue sparkling water that we forgot to take pictures!)
Cafe Bojeador Lighthouse
Kapurpurawan Rock Formation
The Blue Lagoon
Image from: wayofdesign.com
Kuya Ferdinand became our driver, tourist guide and photographer! And I can say that he's better in taking pictures than me! He's nice and I personally recommend him. If you're planning a trip to Pagudpud, you might want to call him at +63910-8591175.
During our 3rd (last day), we savored the warm water of Saud Beach for the last time. If I can just hug it, I would. We didn't mind the sunburn, we just enjoyed it.
So if you're planning for a trip in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte...
If you have a tight budget:
1. Take the Florida Bus (straight to Pagudpud) in Sampaloc, Manila (Their schedules are at 7:00pm and 9:30pm). Make sure you arrive on time. The fare is P700 /head. Reserve early.
2. Pick Jun and Carol Beach Cottages. They have the most affordable room rates and food. (You can also consider bringing your own food).
3. Call Ferdinand Ganno (our tourist guide / tricycle driver / photographer). He has the most affordable whole day tour rate and he's very honest. (You and your baggages are safe with him. Tried and tested!). He can even help you make "tawad" in the market.
If you have the budget:
1. The travel time can take up to 12 hours from Manila (depending on your stops). You may want to bring a substitute driver.
2. Pick Hannah's Beach Resort. It is infront of The Blue Lagoon so you won't have to travel for 15 minutes to enjoy this magnificent beach.
3. Still, you may want to call Ferdinand Ganno to assist you and serve as your tourist guide. Some of the tourist spots are far from the highway so if it is your first time and you're going to bring your own car, you may want to bring along a trusted tourist guide.