Dark underarms can be caused by many things and it varies from one individual to another. There are lot of beauty products on the market today, but getting rid of the problem naturally is still the best and most effective way.
Before proceeding with the steps, let me give you some important guidelines:
1. Do not shave nor pluck the unwanted hairs in your underarms. Instead, use wax or have a laser hair removal. If you insist on using razors, shave after your night bath and apply a generous amount of olive oil / skin moisturizer on your underarms.
2. Always wear clothes made of 100% cotton. Avoid wearing tight silks, or any clothes that can't absorb sweat.
3. Avoid using deodorants or anti-perspirants. Use tawas to avoid excessive sweating and foul odor.
4. Drink water regularly to wash out the toxins from your body and reduce dryness on the skin.
5. Watch your diet. This condition often occurs to people who are overweight.
Here are the things you need on the process:
1. Calamansi (or Lemon)
2. Skin Moisturizer
3. Papaya Soap
4. Anti-Bacterial Soap
5. Soft Towel
Steps (Do this twice a day to achieve faster results):
1. Cut 2 calamansi (one if lemon). Rub those calamansi on your underarms. Let it dry for 30 minutes to one hour.
2. Rinse. Use anti-bacterial soap and massage your underarms for 60 seconds. Rinse. Use papaya soap and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Pat dry the underarms with soft towel. Do not rub the area.
4. Apply a good skin moisturizer in the area (do this only at night time). Do not apply anything during day time. If you're experiencing excessive sweating, pat dry your underarms regularly with soft towel or you can use baby powder.
Results may be seen after a month or two, depending on your skin.
Important Note: This may not work to those people who have black underarms caused by some medical conditions.